1. Say no. When the Browning School librarian calls to invite you to their book fair, say no.
2. Say no again. When the same librarian invites you the following year, just say no again.
3. Explain that you’d be happy to come during your normal school visit season — in the spring.
4. Say that you don’t do school visits in the fall or winter. It’s your writing time.
5. If she’s still inviting you, then you have to give it to her straight, “I DON’T DO BOOK FAIRS!!! IT’S JUST A SHOPPING DAY FOR KIDS.” Continue reading