Look what just arrived from my publisher, Penguin Random House: Alvin Ho Allergic to the Great Wall is now out in paperback! Woohoo!
Enter to win a signed copy by hitting reply below with your email address. Re-tweet this post and/or post a link to it on your FB page for two extra chances to win! I will part with five, yes, FIVE (5) of my precious author copies in a random drawing.
Read about Alvin’s scary and scarier adventures in China for summer reading. It’s still not too late!
1. Say no. When the Browning School librarian calls to invite you to their book fair, say no.
2. Say no again. When the same librarian invites you the following year, just say no again.
3. Explain that you’d be happy to come during your normal school visit season — in the spring.
4. Say that you don’t do school visits in the fall or winter. It’s your writing time.
5. If she’s still inviting you, then you have to give it to her straight, “I DON’T DO BOOK FAIRS!!! IT’S JUST A SHOPPING DAY FOR KIDS.” Continue reading →